Cardio Tennis is a fun, social, group tennis-fitness program for people of all ages and abilities. It is a high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout.
In a 60-minute Cardio Tennis workout, women can burn up to 500 calories per workout and men up to 800. If you do regular Cardio Tennis workouts, you’ll feel better and your hand-eye coordination, tennis skill and fitness level will also benefit.
Participants wear heart rate monitors, exercise to music, use Cardio Tennis balls and a variety of equipment, including agility ladders. The workout is comprised of a warm-up, cardio segment (drill-based and play-based activities) and a cool down.
Other key elements include:
- Participants consistently elevate their heart rates into their aerobic training zone
- Participants can burn more calories than singles or doubles tennis
- Cardio Tennis is similar to interval training which is periods of high intensity followed by short periods of rest. Interval training is the best way to train for optimal health and fitness
- While participants are playing tennis, their focus is primarily on getting a great workout
- Improve your tennis skills
- The best thing about Cardio Tennis is that you do not have to be good at tennis to get involved. In fact, it doesn’t matter if you’ve never played before.
The Shirley Tennis Club has the following programmes scheduled over the coming weeks under the control of our Head Coach Matthew Woolman -
WINTER 2018 OPTIONS
a. Cardio Tennis Group 1
Wednesday Evenings: 5-6pm commencing 9 May 2018
b. Cardio Tennis Group 2
Saturday Afternoons: Noon- 1pm commencing 12 May 2018
Non-members: $72 per person for 6 * 1 hour sessions
Members: $60 per person for 6 * 1 hour sessions
Head Coach: Matthew Woolman (022) 378 6015,
Club Coordinator: Casey Fitchett (027) 251 0717